Thursday, March 24, 2011

Awesome music from a dude I met a couple times.

We became friends, but I haven't seen him in around 2 years. His name is Dan Baker. Look him up. He's incredible. I hope he's still making tunes. I can't imagine he wouldn't be.

Two men walk hand in hand
To a small town court.
"We'd like one marriage license please,
if you'll be a good sport."
The clerk looked down upon the two,
as if it were a bad joke.
"You hippies must be smokin' weed,
we don't support non-normal folk."
So the two hopped in their car
and took a long, long drive.
Laughing all along the way
having a great lovers time.
Drove straight up to the capitol
and marched right up the judge.
"We got something to say big man,
so take a seat and don't budge."

"We got a proposition for you, 8 words long.
Could true love between two ever be wrong?
It's been said a million times before, but we're going to make it a million and one.
If you don't like our kind of bind, don't get one."

The judge pondered for awhile,
and returned with this decree:
"I don't see a problem here,
you look happy enough to me."
"Here's one freshly printed license,
til death do you both part."
Stepped outside to taste the fresh air,
and the media tore him apart.
The judge stood by his decree,
until his wife and kids complained.
"How can you throw away your job,
how can you ruin your good name?"
Protests tore apart his front lawn,
his family left to stay at moms.
Finally the judge threw out his white flag,
grabbed a pen and overturned the law.

"I got a proposition for you, 14 words long:
If I erase what I wrote down, will you forget what I did wrong?
I'll never let you down again sweet public, thank you for the job."
He couldn't sleep that night, trying to talk to God.

God never spoke directly,
but the judge believed he dropped a hint or two.
He realized he'd never been as happy,
as those two.
He finally fell asleep,
and dreamt of a whole new world.
A world based only on love,
there were no boys or girls.
He woke up feeling quite refreshed,
and called the public to his door.
The news teams rolled up in their vans,
eager for what he had in store.
He said, "let me spin a tale,
of two boys who walked upon my steps.
They've got it figured more than we do,
so let your guard down for a sec."

"I've got a proposition for you, 8 words long.
Could true love between two ever be wrong?
It's been said a million times before, but I'm going to make it a million and one.
If you don't like their kind of bind, don't get one."

This is my newest tune. It'll be on the new record coming out in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment