Saturday, March 26, 2011

Last night at the Blue Ox

I played last night with Hattie Peterson and Eric Carlson at the Blue Ox in downtown Bemidji. It was a very fun evening. We had a great crowd, and Hattie and Eric are both awesome. Hattie is definitely a rocker, and Eric reminds me of the singer from The Crash Test Dummies, minus the cheese. Both awesome players, and hopefully we'll be doing it again soon.

Also, I've started thinking of new band names:

Jake Jackson and The Groove Assassins

Actually, thats all I've got. If you have any ideas, let me know. Thanks follower!

2 comments:

  1. I actually take issue with your comment about the Crash Test Dummies being cheesy. Omg, BLOG WAR!!

    PS I'm kind of a pro when it comes to naming bands (although, to this day no one has retained me for my services). Let me watch Planet Earth for an afternoon and I'll come up with at least a dozen gems.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are three off the top of my head:
    Jake Jackson is Ruining My Life
    McGillicuddy Johnson
    Bone Patrol

    Bonus us Jake Jackson and The Mothers of Invention. No one listens to or cares about Zappa any more so no one will notice but it will still sound vaguely familiar.

    ReplyDelete